Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The Greatest Love of All

It's actually very simple to me.

If you cause me pain, I let you go.

Simple.

Why do so many people keep sticking to bad relationships that cause them so much heartache and pain just because they've been together so long and it's so hard to let go and they love each other so much...blah blah blah...

I don't care if you love each other. If it hurts you to be together, and if you really loved each other, you'll let each other go so that you can be happy.

Yes, I'm a very selfish person. I care about myself very much. I care about my happiness. I care about my well-being. I care about my life. I love myself very much.

If everyone was as selfish as me, the world would be a better place.

We wouldn't have matyrs who 'sacrifice' their own happiness to do things for others to make others like them more. And then resent the people who 'made' them give up their own happiness. And then start arguing and fighting and making the world a less peaceful place.

If everyone would only put themselves first, and make sure they have everything they need before helping anyone else, the world would be a better place. If everyone loved themselves more than they want others to love them, the world would be a better place. Trust me.

Seriously, how many people do you know do things to make other people like them more, rather than do things to make themselves happy? It always ends up badly. I learned that the hard way.

Because I used to be one of those people who did everything so that other people would like me more.

Now I don't give a damn if someone doesn't like me. Why should I? As long as I'm happy.

I'll say it again, the world would be a much better place if everyone loved themselves more than they want others to love them.

Anyway, back to my point.

I love just as easily as the next person. More easily, in fact. I get attached easily, and I like people easily. But if it turns out that you only want to cause me trouble, pain, heartache or general bad feelings, then I let you go just as easily.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not a heartless person. It will hurt me to let you go, it will hurt me to lose the good things and the good times. But if there are more bad than good, and if it hurts me to be with you. Then guess what? I'm gone with the wind.

Self-preservation.

I don't care if you're my best friend, my boyfriend, my father, my mother, my brother, my husband, even if you're my own child.

If you are bad for me, I'm gone.

Easily.

Just like that.

*Poof*

Like I said, my well-being is very important to me. And I love myself very much.

More than I will ever love anyone else, even my own child.

Don't deliberately miscontrue what I'm saying, by the way... You need to love yourself more than you love anyone else, I really believe that. Anyone who says they love someone else more than they love themselves, is either lying, or insecure, or otherwise psychologically impaired. And of course I'm not going to abandon my own child because I wanna have fun or whatever selfish meaning you wanted to read into my statement above.

I meant that even the strongest blood relationships will not be as strong as my own love for myself. I will still sever my relationship with my imaginary children, if in the future they chose to exploit me for the money I can give them.

And obviously, I'll have no problem cutting them out of my will, if they try to hurry me to my grave. LOL!

Anyway, the moral of this story is...

'Learning to love yourself, this is the greatest love of all.'

0 comments: