Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Lips Of An Angel

I'm currently obsessed with this song by Hinder, Lips of an Angel. It's the first song I've heard from them, and at first I thought it was by Creed or Nickleback or something, coz the voices all sound similar. You know those types which seems to be a trend nowadays, the low, sexy, deep voice types. It's getting really boring.

But the difference between Hinder and all those other bands...I don't know, maybe it's just this song, but you can *feel* the emotions. You know most of the time you like a song because it speaks to you, there's something in the song that you can relate to? Well, there's nothing in the lyrics that relates to me. I've never had an experience like that. But the song moves me to the deep deep deep core of my soul.

The pain, the love, the hurt, the anguish!! I can feel it all in his voice! If you took away all the lyrics and just listened to his voice, oh, I could cry.

This is true music!

Maybe the song is just something simple, it doesn't show off your amazing vocal skills, it doesn't show off your amazing finger work on the guitar, it doesn't show your amazing composition skills. But it moves people.

And that's really all you need to be a musician.

0 comments: