Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Mostly about Health

I know I haven't been blogging much lately. Sorry! You know la... holiday season and all... =P

Right now I feel too lazy to post up pictures, so I'll just ramble and see if anyone wants to read my long-winded post ok?

Ok, firstly...I got a rash after fishing last week! Arghh! It's my mother's fault, she got me to wear this sunblock thing on my face, and I (forgetting that my skin's sensitive to particular sunblocks) put it on, thinking that I must protect my skin from the oh so damaging sun. I ended up getting a rash on my face! On my face!! Ugh!

Luckily, it wasn't very visible, my skin felt really raspy, like sandpaper... Yuck! but no one would've known I was having a rash unless they touched my face and felt the sandpaper. =P I don't know why it wasn't visible, but I'm glad for that at least. I couldn't wear makeup though, so I went around looking like a zombie, and the most uncomfortable part was my lips. Yeah, terkena my lips too, very uncomfortable and dry and raspy and irritating feeling. =(

It's almost all gone now. =) Yayy! But please, remind me never to just put any old sunblock lotion on again! The last time I did it was in 2000, six years ago! No wonder I forgot!

It was while I was in The One Academy, and as you know, One Academy students get privileges when it comes to Sunway Lagoon (I don't know if that's still true, but it was at the time). So my classmates and I went to Sunway Lagoon, and I put on sunblock! And honestly I don't remember anything about that day, except that I got rashes all over my body the next day.

And my parents being what they are...into holistic healing and all... *sigh*...

I wasn't allowed to go to the doctor for jabs to suppress the allergy. I had to let it naturally run its course, so that my body could build immunity to it. (Yeah, right, how come I'm still allergic now. But then again, six years ago it was the body which got rashes, not the face. Maybe the face hasn't got the immunity built in until now. LOL! I don't know how it works.) So...I had to live with the rashes for *two* whole weeks!!

So I missed two whole weeks of classes! At my parents' insistance, mind you! And when I went back to class, my lecturer(Valentina, to those of you who know her, you'd know I went through hell!) sounded me for being absent for two weeks, although I gave her a letter from my parents. She wanted an MC, not a letter. But hey, come on, this is something I strongly oppose! Must I go see the doctor for every little malady that befalls me? Sometimes all we need is a little bit of rest, and our body will heal itself. Going to the doctor for medicines and antibiotics sometimes aggravates your problems more! And of course, it keeps you going back to the doctor again and again and again, because your problems are never really solved, they are just suppressed. So they keep cropping back up again and again and again!

I am very proud to say, that except for my yearly regular checkups (which everyone should go for), I haven't been to a doctor in.... Oh gosh! I have no idea how long, it's been *really* long! I find it a total waste of money to go to a doctor everytime you have a mild cough, or a cold, or a fever. Come on, don't be a baby, these things will go away on their own. Unless of course, they get really really bad. Then by all means, go see a doctor!! LOL!

Hey, I'm not saying that I'm one of those completely healthy health freaks. LOL! I am absolutely not a health freak, but I wish I was! And I'm not completely healthy, I have unhealthy predisposition. But if you think going to the doctor for every little boo-boo you have helps, think again. You have no idea how ignorant most doctors are about health. They might be experts on diseases, but they know nothing about health.

Which is the whole point.

My personal motto: Prevention is better than cure. You don't need medicines if you're healthy. And if you keep yourself healthy, you have nothing to worry about.

Don't forget that it's not in the best interest of the doctor to help you prevent illnesses, coz if nobody got sick ever, every doctor would lose their livelihood. LOL!

Personally, I'd rather pay a nutritionist to help me keep healthy, than a doctor to help me cure a problem that I could've easily prevented. Luckily, I already have the best nutritionist *and* doctor looking out for my best interest. I've got the best of both worlds. =) And I'm always interested in learning more about healthy living.

I recently came across this guy's blog: BetterThanYourBoyfriend and I am *intrigued* by his posts. He's such a strong advocate for eating well and healthy living, and all because he read a couple of books which changed his whole complete outlook! I'm getting those books, I want to know what's in them that could've effected him so much that he decided to be a vegan just like that. Who knows? I might convert too! =) He's a very intelligent guy, and his posts are highly entertaining. If you visit his site, you must read his 'advices', they're really good!

0 comments: