Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Complicated

It seems like I've been having a lot of thoughts and opinions lately. Maybe I think too much. And that's not always a good thing.

See, sometimes I think I've 'settled down' somewhat with an opinion or a decision on a particular topic, and then I'm stable for a while. But then I'd just have to re-think and re-evaluate my judgements, and then I'm lost again while trying to figure out where exactly I stand with all my ideas and values.

Would it be better if I was just a simpleton, with simple thoughts and simple needs? Live, eat, sleep, work, procreate, and that's it? It would be a really simple life. An easy one. An uncomplicated one. Which is kinda what I'm going for.

I used to think that I'd never want to be a simpleton. I'm a curious person; I want to know how things work, I want to know why things happen, I want to know about things. I just want to *know* more. I couldn't possibly live my life blindfolded. I want my eyes to be wide open. I want to see everything, the good, the bad, *and* the ugly. I believe I'm strong enough to take everything I see objectively and understandingly.

And I still believe that.

I don't like to follow where the herd goes. I like to take the road less travelled. I don't want the easy way out. I'm strong enough to follow my own path.

But you know, sometimes I wish I wasn't so... strong. =P

It would be so easy to just go with the flow...but me, I like to make waves.

*smirk*

Oh well, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

0 comments: