Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Shopping and Neil Gaiman

As you all know, I've been spending a lot of time at home; studying, working, reading, and basically just being really dull. So I decided to go to 1 Utama yesterday to treat myself a little, watch a movie, buy some stuff, eat some delicious food...

I even made a list:

  • Watch Stardust
  • Eat the delicious lamb shoulder at Chili's
  • Buy 2 new tops and 1 skirt
  • Buy toothpaste
  • Buy pillows to match the sofa in my library
  • Buy wall clocks for my bedroom and library
  • Buy shoes

Here's what I did:

  • Watch Stardust
  • Eat at B.B.Q Plaza
  • Buy 3 Chinese children's books for study
  • Buy 1 Stephen King novel
  • Buy 2 chick lit novels
  • Buy 2 coloring books...

Well... I managed to accomplish one task on the list at least. Here are my excuses...reasons: =P

  • Chili's chose yesterday of all days, to close for their company party. For goodness' sake, why?! I hadn't had lamb shoulder in months! Why couldn't they have chosen another day? Why yesterday? What do they have against me?! Arrghh!! Well, obviously, Chili's lamb shoulder was one of the main reasons for going to 1U in the first place, and it wasn't even open. Sigh...
  • Once I got there, I totally didn't feel like shopping for clothes or shoes. If you know me, you so wouldn't be surprised. I planned to shop for clothes and shoes because I know I desperately need new clothes, and shoes, but it wasn't like I wanted to shop. Everyone knows I hate shopping. So I didn't.
  • I totally forgot about the toothpaste, dammit!
  • I did look for the pillows for my library, but when I found the one I really liked, there was only one of it. Who would buy just one? I wanted a pair! And there weren't any others I liked, so being the *ahem* patient person I am, I decided that if I couldn't find a pair of pillows I liked, I would just wait til I did.
  • I looked for the wall clocks as well, but I didn't find any I like for my rooms. I wanted nice cutesy, sweet ones that matched the decors of the rooms. And since I couldn't find any I liked, as per above, I would just wait til I did.
  • Buying the 3 novels, do you really need a reason?
  • Buying the 3 Chinese children's books, well... the ones I had were way above my level, so I decided to get some that were in my league. I am doing so so so well! =) *proud*
  • About the coloring books... What?!! I couldn't resist! I used to love coloring books when I was younger, and these two had such beautiful pictures. Anyway, it's a great way to relax and unwind. Seriously! While your fingers are doing the coloring, your mind wanders and think of all sorts of wonderful things. It's like a sort of meditation. Really! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

As for Stardust, it was wonderful!!! Beautiful!! Amazing!!! Spectacular!!! Breathtaking!!! Enchanting!!!

Oh wow!

I'm a great fan of Neil Gaiman's and I would buy everything he writes without even caring what the book's about, he's that good! And he does graphic novels too, (the Sandman books are amazing!) and even screenplays adaptations. By the way, Beowulf, which is showing now in the cinemas too, is Neil Gaiman's adaptation.

So I read Stardust a couple of years ago... ok, more like maybe 3-4 years ago, and I loved it! And when I found out it was going to be made into a movie, I was thrilled. Of course, by then I had already forgotten most of the details of the book, as I am wont to do, but I remembered I loved it, and I know I love all Neil Gaiman's stuff, so obviously it would be the one thing on the list I managed to do. LOL!

Neil Gaiman worked on the movie too, which is why it's so amazing, and I so admire him. Unlike so many other authors who sell movie rights of their books away and then watch helplessly as the producers/directors/actors/whoever else mercilessly mutilate the story, Neil Gaiman gets involved in the process himself.

Is there anything the man can't do?!

I love him!!!

I think I want to marry him... *swoon*

0 comments: