Thursday, June 07, 2007

Paris Hilton's Jail Time

I was listening to FLY.FM this morning while I was driving in my car, and I heard the Breakfast Show DJs discussing Paris Hilton.

For the record, I'm not a Paris Hilton fan, I don't like her, but I don't dislike her. I pretty much don't think about her, except that I can't help hearing about her because she's so prominent in entertainment news.

So anyway, I heard them discussing about her going to jail, and I just can't help thinking, isn't everyone being a little too harsh on her?

What they said was, she's still being pampered in jail because she gets her meals delivered to her instead of eating with the rest of the inmates in the cafeteria, and various other stuff about her getting special treatment in jail.

But I'm thinking, let's be reasonable. Ok, you think she should be treated like every other inmate or she won't learn her lesson...fine. But did you ever consider that it is impossible for her to be treated like any other inmate?

Think about it, it is just IMPOSSIBLE!

She is a celebrity after all, not a bad looking one, and definitely a very well-known one.

Assuming that she's not famous and she's just good looking, how do you imagine she'll fare in prison with all the other inmates harassing her because of her good looks.

But she is also very well-knowned, and I'm sure we all know, a lot of people don't like her, resent her, are jealous of her...etc.

How exactly do you think she'll fare in prison if she was 'treated like any other inmate'?

She wouldn't be 'treated just like any other inmate' by the other inmates. If the other inmates had access to her, she'll probably be close to death or insanity. And honestly, however harsh you think her lesson should be so that she'll learn, I think that is too harsh.

Her only protection is physical privacy from the other inmates, and even this we condemn her for.

I'd like to see you people who criticize her try to survive in a jail where all the inmates have only heard bad things about you and think that they know you.

Give her a break.

0 comments: