Friday, August 18, 2006

Goodbye Grandma

I don't have much time to blog, I'm on my way to work. But I've just received very upsetting news about my god-grandmother. I got an email this morning from my god-grandfather saying that she passed away early this August. I was named after her, and the last time I ever saw her I was only 4 or 5 years old.

I was supposed to go visit them in the USA in July, but put it off because of work. If I had known it would be her last summer I would have gone, regardless of work or not. But this only goes to show, we can't take our loved ones for granted. And we really never know when our time is going to come.

I feel so devastated and so guilty for not making more of an effort to go see them before she passed on. Imagine, the last time I saw her I was only a baby! And now I will never see her again. I don't know how to describe what I'm feeling now. Guilt, regret, anger at myself, sadness...I don't know....

I hope she knows that I'm thinking of her, and I hope she knows how sorry I am that I never got to see her again before she passed on. I hope my grandpa isn't taking it too hard, and I hope he holds on until I see him again. I'm going to really try to see him as soon as I can.

I love you, grandma.

0 comments: