Monday, August 28, 2006

Plan to succeed

People say that when you fail to plan, you plan to fail. I had forgotten that. I haven't been planning well at all, and I'm not happy with my progress right now. I seem to be going through a cycle at work...

I'd get a few great months, then hit a dry period, and lose my momentum and get stuck for a while. Then I'll start adapting, and getting new ideas, and then I'd have another few more great months, then the dry period again, the cycle continues.

It's getting better now though, I guess I've learned, and I'm bouncing back more quickly than before now. My dry periods used to last for 2-3 months, which is *really* bad, but now it's just for a couple of weeks and then I have to start digging myself out of my hole. I guess I'm starting to not take things too personally anymore, so guess what, I *am* improving. Which is really good. BUT, I don't want anymore dry periods, no matter if it's only for a few days even. I don't want this cycle to continue, I don't want to lose my momentum. I want to keep on going, keep on driving myself, getting ideas everyday, working well everyday, getting up in the morning with a game plan everyday and knowing what I need to do.

I need to plan. Not just on a day to day basis, but on a week to week, and month to month, and even year to year. I need to know what's my next move, and if plan A doesn't work, what's plan B.

See, sparks are flying in my head now. Lightbulbs are lighting up on top of my head. Blek. Hope it continues.

0 comments: