Sunday, October 08, 2006

Mid-Autumn festival

The last few days has been really eventful and tiring, but so completely beautiful and memorable. I finally have a chance to sit down and have a breather today, so here's an update on what I've been doing since Friday.

Margaret was having a craving for something really spicy, so I took her to Gem's restaurant in Jalan Gasing, and mmm.....was it yummy! *slurp* I'm so glad bookcrosser Taty chose that place for our buka puasa meetup last monday. The food is delicious, and I'm gonna be going back there so often now.

We had papadam with mint sauce to start with, and then we ordered the mushroom pepper fry and hydrabad chicken, and a curry lamb, nasi briyani, butter and garlic naan, and jeera pulao.

I love the mushroom pepper fry, and the hydrabad chicken was the ultimate spicy dish! I love it, love it, love it!

I had a small gathering at my place after that for the Mid-Autumn festival. It was originally supposed to be just me and my two 'low kongs', Lone and C-Zer. But I ended up kidnapping Margaret over, and my brother decided to join us too. Bob came over but much later after we finished with the lanterns and candles. I feel so childish. LOL! It's been ages since I last played with lanterns on Mid-Autumn festival. But oh, it was so fun to sorta relive my childhood.

Working together to light up the place

Candles don't stay lit coz of the wind

Trying to keep the candles lit and relighting the ones which didn't

Success!! A beautiful sight!

It was great fun! And we hung out until about 2am, which wasn't a really good idea because we all had to work the next day. But oh come on, how often do you get a chance to be ridiculously childish with your friends. =D I hope I still stay young when I'm old and gray.

0 comments: